4 Oct 2020

Arundati Wants You to Listen to...








 

11 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure everybody knows who one direction is. And for those of you who may not know anything about them, they are a boyband with a group of 5. And then begin their journey from an audition at the X-factor UK. They have released a lot of amazing albums and songs during their career together. And in that time, almost every single teenagers, not just the girls but even the boys love them so much. Until one day, one of their member named Zayn Malik decided to go his own path and wrote his own singles. Although it was hard for them at first, they keep on chasing their dreams together but now just with a group of 4. But even though they seems okay with the current situation that time, we know for sure that they missed their old friend Zayn. Sometimes at their concert or when they released a new official video clip for their songs, they leave space for him. Especially his best friend, Harry styles. And after all that hard times, it was sad to say that they finally decided to end their career as a group band and start their own from scratch. It was devastating for the 'Directioners' but they have no choice other than that.

    Enough for the story, now let's talk about these three song. I personally score them at least 8 out of 10. Their style of singing have been always the same and the meaning behind the lyrics are usually simple and easy to understand. I talk more about their history rather than Arundati's recommendations here but that is all I know about them. Hopefully we could see them reunite or maybe perform together at a live concert in the near future. I'm sure it would be an amazing experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean, by just looking at this article covers, who doesn’t know One Direction. Personally, i have been waiting for this article since the very first assignment and finally this article pops up.
    I still remember the day the song “What Makes You Beautiful” came up and my first impression was like is this some kind of boyband. Everyday i listened to the song on the radio because since that day, i could say that suddenly we had the same musical taste. Those five gentleman has a different vibe that will always attract me to listen to all of their songs everyday. My first idol is Harry, but now, i changed to Niall.
    Even though i like them a lot since the very first sight, i did not make to their concert in 2015 at Gelora Bung Karno, because at that time, i was on my final exams week. Not long time after the concert, Zayn decided to get out from the band and everyone started to using hashtag “Cut for Zayn”. At that time, as a directioners, i felt like there is no way that they could get back together again. My thought was right, they started to do their solo career. All of the drama does not stop me to listned to their songs everyday, untill know. Even, i still remember all of their songs, today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One Direction is one of the worldwide famous boyband group. Well I guess it’s been five years since they announce their one year break. I thought it will only last for two years at max but I haven’t see any sign of their comeback. I really hope they will make a comeback and shock the whole world with their newest album. I think almost everyone know one of one direction songs, maybe one thing, what makes you beautiful or drag me down. I can’t tell you that I’m a Directioners(One Direction’s fandom) because I don’t listen to all of their songs but I do enjoy theirs. Listening to One Direction’s song bring me happiness. I adore Harry Styles so much that whenever I see his pictures or videos it automatically makes me smile. Every time I watch One Direction’s carpool karaoke I smile for the whole 13 minutes, I really wish that one day James Cordon will kidnap the boys and make the second carpool karaoke.
    Just so you know I’m actually listening to One Direction’s song now, I want to have the euphoria since I’m also writing about them. I do like Harry’s voice but I think I still love it better when he’s in One Direction. I don’t have much hope now, I just want them to sit together in a room and talk and having fun just like how they used to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was doing my regular scrolling through the website when I saw this One Direction’s photo. When I said my heart jumped I was not joking. I literally forgot how to breath for a split second. The fact that Ms. Arundati wants us to listen to their songs after the reunion debocle was quite funny, because for those of you who don’t know, they celebrated their 10th year anniversary at the mid of this year. 23rd July to be exact. The fans had so much expectations for this particular anniversary. We hoped that they would at the very least give us the infinity music video that they’ve filmed but is not yet released because not long after they shot it, they announced their hiatus. We even got our hopes up after Liam, one of the members, accidentally spilled that they’re going to have a surprise for the fans. The fact that he said they’re preparing something but won’t say anything on because louis, his bandmate, would egg his house, in particular made us wonder if this reunion will be the event that brings the band back together. Pay attention to what he said because it will be mentioned later.

    The anniversary day finally came, the boys each posted a picture of the band with heart-warming captions to follow it. they tagged each other but didn’t tag the official band account. Then we got a website from the band official instagram. The website is kind of a trip down memory lane where they released unreleased photos and voice tapes of the boys. And at the end of the website there is an envelope that can’t be opened. Many of us theorized it will be the unreleased infinity music video that they have filmed before the hiatus. The account also hosted a one direction week where the fans would trend some hashtags in twitter and can have a streaming party for a week. But after the one direction week when the envelope could be opened its only a recording of their biggest live performance in Sansiro, the same one that they have posted a few years back. Only this time they have a three minute additional video of the boys.

    Now this is the part where it got interesting. Earlier I mentioned liam spilled that they are preparing for the anniversary. But the website is merely a website and the boys didn’t participate in making the website. Not only did the boys never mentioned the website, they also didn’t tag the bands official Instagram account in any of their posts. Suspicious much? The people behind the website would be the entertainment management who they worked for. And why on earth would louis egg liam’s house if what they’re preparing is only a website. Most of us believed that they are preparing a greater surprise, even possibly reunion.

    ReplyDelete

  5. I was scrolling through the page and stopped right after One Direction picture showed up. When talking about One Direction, we can never forget about Directioners (a fandom of 1D). Directioners are so powerful and loyal. Since the ‘break’ of the band in 2015, Directioners have always been waiting for 1D to comeback. Last July 2020, there was a massive heartbreaks happening. First, because July 23rd was One Direction’s anniversary. Second, because it has been 5 years since the band declare its break. Directioners and the whole world was hoping for their comeback or at least their virtual concert on that day. In that month, all social media were filled with One Direction. But, there was no big surprise happening. As a directioner, I felt the disappointment. However, we have to respect their decision no matter what.
    Talking back to 2015, at that time when Zayn decided to leave the band, I remember myself crying for a whole night. I was 13 years old at that moment. I continue to support the member and listen to their wonderful works! They, themselves, are a talented musicians. Thus, whether in a band or solo I’d still support their musics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember being a One Direction fan back in elementary school. I listened to their songs. Bought their merchandise. Watched their documentary. I made new friends from being a One Direction fan, and we’d go on Twitter to fangirl about their new songs. When I’m in a bad mood, I’ll listen to their songs and my day turns a lot better. My favorite song was “Tell Me a Lie” from their Up All Night album. I didn’t have a favorite member because I liked everyone equally – each one of them has their own charisma. It was hard to pick a favorite! They had a show here in Jakarta, but I wasn’t able to get hold of the tickets. I was sad for a little while, so I assured myself that I’ve still got another chance to see them in person – but the universe said otherwise. They took a break and never came back until now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Upon reading the comments written under this post, I honestly couldn't help but smile. To say that I like this boyband is an understatement- I adore One Direction. I've been an air conditioner since 2013, which some might say was the golden year for the band. Ever since then, One Direction has been a band I have continuously listened to and reminiscent whenever I listen to their music. It's honestly crazy to think about the amount of influence One Direction had during their time as a band. Harry, Liam, Louis, Niall, and Zayn will always have a place in my heart.

    As stated by Jessenia Sarah in her comment, those boys have such attraction that to this day, I can't seem to grasp. Though when I think about it, their personalities and easy way of going in life might have a dominating factor, all five boys are so down to earth and incredibly talented, and they're just such an inspiration to me.

    As Directioners, I think we can all relate to the fact that we've made so many long-lasting friendships through our mutual love for this boyband. Majority of those whom I consider as close friends have been the same people who genuinely love these boys. Hence, after reading the comments above, I seriously wanted to contact every single one of them.

    Though One Direction claims to be on an '18 month hiatus,' I think it's safe to say that the chances of them reuniting is quite slim. Not impossible, but quite pessimistic. Us Directioners will always wait for their return, but it's incredible to witness the continuous dedication we have to support these boys in their solo careers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When it comes to One Direction, I don’t really have much to say about them. I’m not particularly a “Directioner” when One Direction hit their peak, which was in 2013-2014. I remember when “What Makes You Beautiful” music video was released. My whole school went wild about that music video. I had this friend who had a massive crush on Harry Styles, I mean who didn’t, he was pretty cute, and for her birthday, someone really bought her a pillow with Harry’s face on it. And let me just say, it looked super uncomfortable to the point where it was kind of laughable but regardless, she accepted it. Again, while I did not necessarily listen to all of their music, I sure enjoyed some of their radio hits like “Kiss You”, “Best Song Ever”, “The Story of My Life” and especially “Night Changes”. “Night Changes” holds a special place in my heart. I can’t really explain it, but I have this longing feeling about that song. It takes me back to specifically when I was hanging out with my friends in the corridors at my junior high school. We listened to that song for the first time and quickly disliked it, with my friends saying that “This was too slow for a One Direction song”, and I just went along with it. And when I went home, I listened to that song one more time for a better hearing session because it was less crowded than in the school corridors, and just like that, it finally hit me. I don’t know, I’m sure every song has that “moment” you attach to it, but that song, it just hits different. Moving on from that, I remember when Zayn was leaving One Direction in 2015 when they held their last concert in Jakarta. Sadly, I couldn’t go at the time because my parents didn’t allow me to go since I had to focus on the final exam that took place before the concert. I understand the pain that the “Directioners” had to go through. It must’ve felt really bad. It’s just like seeing a family that was slowly breaking apart. Until now, a lot of people are still expecting a comeback from them and honestly, I’m on board with that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Talking about One Direction is a topic that is very interesting to talk about. One Direction is a well-known boyband in the world. This boyband has five very talented teenage boy that has a very good voice. The five of them are Liam, Harry, Zayn, Niall, and Louis. One Direction was first start in London 2010 from the X-Factor UK. One Direction has released a lot of amazing songs and album. For me, my favourite songs from One Direction are You and I, History, Night Changes, one thing, Perfect, and many more that I can’t mention all my favourite songs. I am not a Directioner but I love their songs as I still listening to them almost every day. The first time I heard about One Direction is from my sister, she is a big fan of One Direction. She always forces me to listen to One Direction’s song, and because of that I got influenced to One Direction by her. The first song that my sister asks to me to listen is What makes you beautiful, this song is very good and I like to listening to this song. Now on Direction is on its breaks since 2015. The personnel of One Direction now are only four their concert in Jakarta, Zayn Malik decided to walk out from the group and walk in his own path. All members in One Direction now are doing a solo career before their comeback. I hope that they will reunite soon and released more amazing songs and album.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is too much memories about One Direction, 13-year-old me would be very enthusiast to talk about them. I was a huge fan and I was very obsessed with them like my live was revolving around those boys. It makes me miss 2013, the best era of One Direction from looks to their music. All of my friends went to Australia for student exchange and I decided to stay in Indonesia because I wanted to watch their concert in 2015. I don’t regret it because to be honest it is one of the best day of my life even though two hours after the concert Zayn left the band. I am beyond heartbroken and I cried all night. After releasing their new album, One Direction also went for a hiatus and promised that they’ll be back. Today is 2020 and they are not back yet. To be honest, I don’t hope them to be back anymore, they are better off solo. After 5 years without them, I learn a lot of truth. Zayn left because the band isn’t healthy, they are not themselves when they are in One Direction, they are forced to be someone they’re not. They are much happier now, Harry Styles can express himself more and his album is pure art. One Direction has a special place in my heart and I always want them to be happy, genuinely happy. Thank you Arundati, for bringing old memories and makes me listen to their music again.

    ReplyDelete

No trolling, no flaming, no profanity, no plagiarism!