11 Sept 2020

Newham College (London): Students' Virtual Learning Stories


Use "Subtitles/Closed Captions" if you want.

Newham College's website HERE.



 

2 comments:

  1. Just saw the video, and I agree on some opinions from the Newham College students, even though there are some differences here, such as the atmosphere and conditions of learning. But I do agree that it is effective and also enjoyable that we can manage our time and work on the assignments peacefully. Well, I’m still confused about what kind of method will be used for the test. Cause in my experience almost everytime it did not go pretty well, and I didn’t do it quite well either. Also I don’t feel like having enough confidence talking trough the screen.But again it is what it is, the college must have considered the safest way, so we have to increase our ability to adapt in this kind of situation. Hopefully everything can go in the right way, and the pandemic will end soon enough. So we can start the college offline in the next semester.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is fantastic to hear that the students at Newham College are enjoying their time adapting to the virtual learnings provided by their school. I completely agree that with the advancement of technology such as the use of certain applications like Zoom and Microsoft teams, it truly closes the distance between the students and the teachers despite the current situation. The learning process is way easier and more efficient because everything is conducted online. However, I think a complete transformation to virtual learning would be more enjoyable in a developed country such as the UK than it would be in a developing country like Indonesia where most schools’ technological savviness is inadequate in providing convenient online studies. Technical issues, lack of access to internet connections, inability of using complex applications have been a few of the major obstructions to students’ progress under this circumstance. I was privileged enough to have had the opportunity of going to a school that is dedicated to creating innovations in their virtual teachings in order to give the students a similar experience with what we had in an onsite setting. Yet, despite having technology as the tool to combat this current challenge in the education sector, the experience of having in-person learning is definitely irreplaceable and will always be more effective.

    ReplyDelete

No trolling, no flaming, no profanity, no plagiarism!